Often headache, dizziness – think it's either a migraine or "weather". Felt pricked in my heart? Nervous. Tingling or numbness in the hands is less need to sit at the computer, move more. But the reason for these, at first glance, unrelated symptoms may be your spine. More precisely, the upper division of the neck.
Neck. What do we know?
The cervical spine is the most mobile, vulnerable part of the spine that allows you to perform tilts and head turns. Consists of 7 vertebrae, between which there are elastic intervertebral discs.Pass through them the blood vessels that "feed" the brain and provide it with oxygen. The nerve endings connected to the spinal cord (the inner part of the spine) is served pulses, signals to other organs of the body. As a result, the body works smoothly. If the vertebral discs due to the metabolic disorders are deformed, they can pinch the nerve endings or blood vessel – the person experiences pain. Pain is the main symptoms of such diseases as osteochondrosis of the cervical spine.
How dangerous is cervical osteochondrosis
- Osteochondrosis of the cervical spine is one of the most insidious diseases. Due to the fact that the cervical vertebrae are very close to each other, at the slightest deformation of the latter is compressed nerve roots and blood vessels. Disturbed cerebral blood flow. As a result, head pain, up to migraines. When running the form, can occur ischemia of brain or spinal cord, even a stroke.
- The cardiovascular system may also be at risk. High or low blood pressure, pain in the heart are not necessarily heart disorders. Years to reduce the pressure observed at the cardiologist, and the cause of such heart ailments can be a cervical osteochondrosis.
- Due to the compression of nerve endings may be affected hearing, sight, and even movement coordination.
Symptoms of degenerative disc disease neck:
- Pain. This can be a minor pain in the neck, especially when turning or after a NAP. With cervical osteochondrosis pain may "give" in the neck hour shoulders. When tilting the head forward can also experience pain under the shoulder blade. Headaches and migraines are also not rare in this disease.
- Numbness. Discomfort, tingling or numbness in the hands, shoulder blades, neck. Neck cracking when turning head.
- Noise and ringing in the ears. Possible hearing impairment.
- Nausea, shortness of breath.Observed shortness of breath,cannot breathe, which leads to oxygen starvation of the body.
- Blurred vision.The decrease in visual acuity, blurring, and "fly" before his eyes.
- Instability of blood pressure.High or low pressure. Dizziness.
Interesting fact.More than 80% of the population complain of neck pain, and 30% of headaches associated with cervical osteochondrosis.
Causes of cervical degenerative disc disease
Low back pain, particularly low back pain neck, today younger. Less move more of the problems are in the spine. If earlier this problem faced by older people, today's 20-30-year-old patient complains of pain in the neck and back, the doctor is not surprised.
The most common reasons:
- A sedentary lifestyle
- Lack of physical activity
- Overweight, metabolic disorders
- Bad habits: drinking, Smoking
- Improper sleep: if you choose the wrong pillow and mattress
- The load on the neck associated with prolonged forced position of the body
How to treat cervical osteochondrosis
The first manifestation of osteochondrosis neck is easily confused with a banal cold or fatigue, heaviness in head, headache, discomfort when turning the neck. Symptoms who complain a lot, but many suspect the true diagnosis of osteochondrosis of the cervical. But the insidious disease: it easily progresses, and in severe cases, treatment is long and expensive.
Symptoms directly associated with either a denial of the roots of the spinal cord or with compression of the blood vessels or the spinal cord. First, you need to see a specialist, not to self-medicate.For a proper diagnosis, the doctor may prescribe additional methods of research, including x-rays, MRI, CT.
In the early stages, it will be enough manual therapy, therapeutic exercises. This is the so-called sparing therapy.
Injection, prescription drugs
Inflammatory process mediators (substances that are produced in large quantities in inflammation) can damage nerves, causing discomfort and pain in the neck. In complex therapy is not only important to remove pain syndrome, inflammatory process, but also to create conditions for regeneration of damaged tissues, including nervous. To run these processes used drugs with vitamins of group B. Vitamin B1 – improves nutrition of nerve tissue, restore their normal sensitivity, vitamin B6 improves the nervous system as a whole, has a bracing effect. There are water-soluble and fat-soluble form of vitamin B1. The effect of benfotiamine (fat-soluble form) is 5-10 times greater than the effects of thiamine (water soluble forms). Due to the analgesic effect of these vitamins called "new analgesics". In the treatment of osteoarthritis, the doctor may recommend B vitamins as an injection and in tablet form.
While revealing in cervical hernia, protrusion possibly will need to resort to surgery. What is important? After the completion of the treatment the care of your spine is job No. 1. Proper physical exercise, nutrition, gymnastics should be your constant companions.